Here is a recipe for an easy lasagna using bow tie pasta that my stepmom gave me. I filmed this over a year ago when I lived in my old house when I was thinking of starting my blog. This is not a healthy recipe ny any means, but it’s a good one for those nights you want some comfort food, or when you have company coming over. Let me know if you try this recipe!
Heres what you’ll need:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or Italian sausage or whichever meat you prefer)
- 1 box of bowtie pasta
- 2 8-ounce pkgs of mozzarella cheese
- 1 16-ounce container of cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (optional)
- 1 24-ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasoning 1-2 teaspoons.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your pasta. Boil pasta to al dente per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown your meat until cooked thoroughly. Drain excess fat.
- Add your jar of sauce to the browned meat and heat through.
- In a large bowl, add 1 package of mozzarella cheese, your package of cottage cheese, your Parmesan, and your Italian seasoning. Add in your cooked/drained pasta and mix thoroughly.
- In your 11×13 casserole dish, add your pasta/cheese mixture, covering the bottom evenly.
- Spread your meat/sauce mixture evenly over your pasta.
- Add your other 8-ounce package of mozzarella on top.
- Bake on 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F and cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Allow to sit for a minimum of 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!