Looking for an easy & delicious recipe for mom on Mother’s Day? Look no further; this dessert has it all! It’s a sugar cookie, it has sweet cream cheese icing, & it’s topped with delicious fruit! Not only is it so yummy & so easy to make, but it really is beautiful, too! Here’s how to make it! Also, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube page! Click HERE to subscribe!
Mother’s Day Fruit Pizza
For the dough:
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- The zest of a half of a lemon
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the icing:
- 1 8-oz pkg of softened cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The zest of half of a lemon
For the topping (feel free to use your favorite fruit):
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your 12.5 inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In your stand mixer (fitted with a paddle attachment), cream together your butter & sugar until smooth. Mix in your egg, vanilla, & the zest of half of a lemon.
- whisk together your dry ingredients in a separate bowl & slowly add to your mixture while on low speed. Careful not to over-mix your dough.
- Press your dough into your prepared pizza pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cook completely.
- While your cookie crust bakes, beat your softened cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add your sugars, vanilla, lemon juice, & the zest of half of a lemon. Spread your icing mixture onto your cooled cookie crust using an offset spatula.
- Top with your berries in whichever arrangement you wish. Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Yesterday I took my nine year old daughter to the pediatrician for a persistent high fever. She was already being treated for strep throat and had been on antibiotics the entire time. I was desperate for her fever to break and for her to feel like herself again. Her doctor gave us a really strange suggestion…wet sock treatment. I know what you are thinking…it sounds extremely bizarre! At this point I was ready to try anything!
Wet sock treatment is recognized by top physicians and hospitals (University of Maryland for example), so I knew it must be an effective treatment if doctors are actually endorsing it. The instructions are to take a pair of thin cotton socks and wet them with room temperature water. Wring out all of the excess water so that they are just damp, and then put them on your feet. Over top of the damp socks put on a pair of thick wool socks and go to sleep.
The purpose of a fever is to increase your metabolism so that your body will fight off the source of infection; however, a prolonged high fever can be dangerous. Physiologically what happens during the treatment is this: in response to having wet feet, your body sends blood and lymphatic fluid circulating through your body. What this does is boosts your immune system and allows your body to rest and heal. You can actually do this treatment for five nights in a row, and then take two nights off before starting again.
I can only speak for my own experience. I was so worried for my daughter with a fever of around 104 for days on end. We did the wet sock treatment exactly as directed by our physician. I checked my daughter’s temperature one last time before bed and it was 102.6 at that moment (this is while on Motrin). When she awoke this morning the socks were dry and her fever gone! There is no doubt in my mind that the wet sock treatment is what broke her fever.
I absolutely recommend this treatment. It is so simple and harmless. I honestly can’t imagine how any harm could come from trying this, but I believe you should always ask your doctor first before trying home remedies. This is definitely one to add to your repertoire. We definitely have!
I seemed to have cloned myself…again! The picture of me is on the left in 1982 and my youngest, Noah, on the right! My oldest son looks so much like me as well. I love doing these side-by-side comparisons! More to come!
1. Do you have a middle name?
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
English and photography. They are still my two favorite things. I am a photographer and a blogger!
3. What’s your favorite drink?
Coffee! I am a total coffee junky. I absolutely cannot function without coffee!
4. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Well, I’m a mom so I mainly only get to listen to Disney radio on Sirius. I love Taylor Swift, Wildest Dreams!
5. What would you name your children?
I’m not having anymore kids, so I’ll tell you my kids current names. My 9.5 year old is Alana. My almost 6 year old is Vincent. My 13 month old is Noah!
6. Do you participate in any sports?
No, but I’m a soccer mom!
7. What’s your favorite book?
I do not have time to read, but the last book I purchased on my Kindle was 50 Shades of Grey…one of these days I will actually read it!
8. What’s your favorite colour?
I love purple, but wear black because it’s most flattering!
9. What’s your favorite animal?
Cats! I have 2 myself.
10. What’s your favorite perfume?
I love Clinique Happy.
11. What’s your favorite holiday?
12. Have you graduated from High School?
13. Have you been out of the country?
Only to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls! Lol.
14. Do you speak any other languages?
15. Do you have any siblings?
Yes. My sister Carie is 5 years older than me. My brother Mike was 2.5 years older than me, and tragically he passed away nearly 6 years ago in an car accident. Would be 37. I have 2 very little sisters. Samantha is 15 and MacKenzie is turning 13 this month.
16. What’s your favorite store?
17. What’s your favorite restaurant?
It must be Olive Garden because we go there any time we go out to dinner.
18. Do you like school?
I love learning, but I must admit…I didn’t care too much for school!
19. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
I love the Daily Bumps, Shaytards, and itsjudyslife to name a few.
20. What’s your favorite movie?
The Other Woman! I just adore that movie!
21. What are some of your favorite TV shows?
The Voice and Grey’s Anatomy is about all I have time for these days.
22. PC or Mac?
23. What phone do you have?
I have the Samsung Galaxy S5.
24. How tall are you?
25. Any pets?
We have 2 cats.