Today’s DIY is an awesome homemade Christmas gift! It’s photo coasters, and it’s yet another one from What’s Up Mom’s. Here’s how…
- You’ll need ceramic coasters (or tiles…I used coasters I picked up at Walmart, but tiles are a cheaper way to go). You’ll also need photos, mod podge, a paint brush, some paper towels to protect your work surface, a pencil, and scissors.
- Measure out your photo so it will fit on your coaster.
- Using your pencil, make a mark where you’ll make your cut.
- Cut off the excess and discard.
- Using your brush, apply a thin layer of mod podge to your tile/coaster.
- Place your photo on and immediately apply another thin coat of mod podge, ensuring you don’t miss any places.
- Allow to dry.
We had so much fun making these! They’re so easy, but they are an amazing gift! They’re useful, beautiful, and thoughtful!
***EDITED*** Make sure you use mod podge with a MATTE finish and not glossy. I used glossy and there is such a terrible glare on it that you can’t see the photo unless looking directly at it. I ranto walmart and got matte finish and put a thin coat on tip of the glossy and it worked just fine! Looks much better! Here’s a photo: